Our vision is to support and develop sustainable self-reliant communities around the globe
The Botshabelo Community Development Project is based on CSW's Community Development Wheel™. This model breaks down the five key elements of a sustainable community. Each piece works symbiotically to support sustainable self-reliant communities. Every project at Botshabelo falls under one or more of these categories and contributes to our project objectives.
Our major project goal is to support Botshabelo is becoming a model African sustainable village. We have five major project objectives:
1) elevate and develop sustainable community infrastructure
2) create a sustainable source of income that supports long-term community growth and development
3) divert waste from municipal programs through a holistic waste management process
4) establish effective food production and water management system
5) empower community members through meaningful education and skills training
Since we began in 2016, we're set out to crush some major project goals, but there's still lots more work to be done. Check out the list of future projects we hope to bring to life at Botshabelo. Have an idea for a project or would like to support with those listed here? Let's talk!
Biogas Collection & Heating
Rain Water Collection
Sustainable Community Garden (Permaculture Education & Training)
Community Workshop (tools & workspace)
Skills Training (electrical, plumbing, carpentry, leadership & management, automotive, cooking, sewing, crafting, yoga, etc.)
Community Tuck Shop
Community Recreation Centre
Anything you can contribute? We'd love to hear from you.